Can we talk about how my a box bigger than my upper body showed up on my doorstep in January containing a spaceship equipped with a video AND shoes inside of it? I mean, I never wanted to be an astronaut before but if space is anything like these shoes I may need to rethink my career. After all, I hear the switch from a fifth grade teacher to an astronaut is no big deal.
And that’s not all. Brooks Running didn’t stop with the spaceship box when designing these shoes. They must have called in all of their local space agents to find out how they could put a VIDEO inside of a running magazine to advertise these bad boys. To say they blew my mind is an understatement.
I have to be honest… I tend to shy away from things that are flashy. I use to joke [when I was single] that guys with a really nice car were like a good bra. False advertisement. If it is flashy it typically means bad news bears [in my experience]. Outside of the fact that they were BRIGHT pink and slightly heavier than most of the shoes I have been training in recently I was excited to give them a try.
A little background knowledge on my shoe situation… recently I’ve been wearing nothing but Brooks’ Pure Line when running. My favorites are my Pure Flows. With any shoe switch I like to ease into a transition so I wore the transcends around town running errands the first few times before I took them out on a test run. Slowly but surely these shoes have become one of my all time favorites. I mildly over-pronate when I run so I have had to be very careful when finding shoes that are JUST right for my build.
- Designed with a stability shoe model in mind BUT, because of its revolutionary design it can also work for neutral runners.
- All new Guide Rails provide support to counteract pronation.
- Extra plush cushioning [who can deny extra plush?!] called Super DNA, offering 20% more cushioning than the normal BioMoGo DNA.
- Arch support to keep your feet #RUNHAPPY!
- Slightly “heavier” [weighing in at 10.1 ounces] than a comparable shoe but I didn’t even notice it until I compared the weight on a scale.
- Rounded heel to help you align your stride.
- Perfect for running, walking, or standing for a long period of time…. they’re even great for chasing your dog around the house on a snow day.
If you’re looking for a shoe with some stability OR a great shoe to sport during runs, walking, and a lot of standing… the Brooks Transcends could just be the right fit for you.
What shoe are you currently sporting?
What is your favorite shoe color combination?
When was the last time you bought new shoes?
More ways to connect with Olive:
Pinterest–> Olive To Run
Bloglovin’–> Olive To Run
Teachers Pay Teachers
Email–> olivetorun (at) gmail (dot) com